Friday, July 18, 2014

The Daddy....

Dealing with the daddy of my GramDaughter is always difficult.  There is a rarely a time that we see eye to eye.

Part of this is his fault.  There was some domestic abuse involving my daughter in the past.  Very difficult to watch the consequences.  He has since then, seemed to changed.  But all it takes is something to upset him, and his anger is explosive.  I don't respond well to it, and I refuse to put up with it.

Part of this is my fault.  He was once very careless with Sophia's life.  He put her in danger, and I have a hard time trusting him.  I've prayed about it.  But I can't forget it.  I have forgiven him, or she wouldn't be allowed to see him, but it's always a struggle to let her go with him. 

I know he loves her.  But that doesn't mean she's safe with him.  My precious daughter was not.

If you are in a similar situation, how have you gotten past it?  Share with us in the comments below.